Just like Leo says in Wolf of Wall Street “Is she hitting on me?”
Let’s face it. When it comes to the art of flirting a lot of guys are just clueless. Women are skilled masters of the art of flirting, with skills passed on from generation to generation. But while men as a species are generally not the most observant or attentive creatures on earth, here is a short list of indicators that should be noticeable to even the blindest guy.
• She makes eye contact. She smiles at you. Two signs right off the bat that she is interested in you. Look back, but don’t stare. Smile, but not too big. Yeah, she’s flirting with you.
• She initiates conversation. Since most women don’t start conversations, if she comes over and starts one with you, she’s interested. This is really a no-brainer, especially if you are interested back.
• She reaches out and touches you. No, not THAT way, but while having a conversation. If she reaches out and touches your arm, the collar of your shirt or your thigh, then yes, she is definitely hitting on you.
• She makes innuendos. You know – double entendres. BIG hint that she is into you, and yes, she might want to go out for a, um, hotdog. Dude, she is TOTALLY hitting on you.
• She gets close – real close. If she steps into your “personal space” then she is definitely hitting on you. I hope you’ve just had a breath mint.
• She touches herself. Get your mind out of the gutter. Is she twirling her hair? That means she is feeling open to your advances. Watch her as she makes some moves. If she licks her lips, touches her face or moves her hand down her body, she’s trying to show off her attractiveness to you. What are you gonna do about it?
• She is into the conversation. She laughs at your jokes. A big part of flirting involves humor and the reactions shared between the two of you. If there is some lively banter, a good back-and-forth in the conversation, you can be sure she’s interested. If she’s being real quiet, that’s a certain sign of disinterest. Move along.
• If she seems comfortable with you. if she really gets into the conversation, touches you, laughs with you and even shares her own stories, she’s probably into you.
• There are physical signs. I realize you’re probably not a doctor, but wide eyes, flared nostrils, and deep breathing are all signs that she’s trying to get your scent. This sign is often overlooked because guys just don’t understand it.
• She faces you to talk. If her back or face is turned, dude, she is definitely not into you.
While this list isn’t definitive, it’s a great place to begin. Next time you *think* she’s hitting on you, be aware that she probably is. Just be bold enough to act on it.